Camy B. Schwam-Wilcox Esq.
E-mail MeCamy B. Schwam-Wilcox Esq.
Camy B. Schwam-Wilcox is passionate about her job and treats each and every client as if they are her only client, to ensure a positive experience for them during a very stressful time in their lives.
Camy can help families resolve disputes. She responds to the needs and interests of her clients, and adds value to her clients' lives by focusing on constructive and interest based negotiation. Camy is an experienced attorney you can trust, and with whom you can feel comfortable. Camy is straight forward and will always advise you of your weaknesses in your case as well as the strenghth's in order for you to make good decisions on your case progress and strategy.
Camy B. Schwam-Wilcox has been practicing as an attorney since 2000, upon her graduation from Nova Southeastern University; however, she has experience in the legal field since 1994, working as a legal assistant, legal secretary and paralegal prior to her attendance at law school. She was a prosecutor in Orange County from 2000 through 2002, and then she went into private practice representing defendants accused of committing a crime, divorcing clients with and without children, and assisting Clients with Bankruptcy to rectify their financial problems. Her expertise includes litigation practice, counseling, training, and investigation. Attorney Schwam-Wilcox has participated in over one hundred (100) jury and non-jury trials; however, she is able to analyze a case and advise you if a trial is best for your situation and facts. She is admitted to practice in all Florida State courts and in the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida Federal Court. Attorney Schwam-Wilcox has been trained in the collaborative process for family matters, and she is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator. Attorney Schwam-Wilcox is a Guardian Ad Litem for children in need of legal assistance.
Camy enjoys the theater, boating, traveling and spending as much time with her family as possible. Camy volunteers one day per week at her children's school, and she is very active in both legal and non-legal community events.
For more information on Collaborative Law, Guardian Ad Litem and Mediation, please see the specific links on the home age of this website.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic, Family, Paternity, Dissolution
- Criminal Defense
- Collaborative - Domestic
- Bankruptcy (7, 13, Corporate)
- Simple Wills
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Mediation (Florida Supreme Court Certified)
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Violation of Probation
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2014
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1999
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A. - 1994
- Major: English
- Criminal Juvenile Justice, Orange County Public Schools, 2009 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Public Schools, Criminal Juvenile Justice, 2009 - 2010
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Central Florida Association Women Lawyers, Member (Board of Directors since 2011), 2004 - Present
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2008 - Present
- Florida Bar, Member, Grievance Committee, 2009 - 2012
- Orange County Bar, Family Law Executive Committee (treasure-elect), 2002 - Present
- Collaborative Family Law of Central Florida, Member, 2009 - 2014
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Seminole County Bar Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- Central Florida Family Law American Inns of Court, Member, 2008 - Present
- Justice Teach Volunteer, 2010 - 2011
- Judicial Relations Committee, (currently co-chair), 2011 - Present
- Bear Lake Elementary PTA Board of Directors, 2012 - 2014
- Bear Lake Elementary Parent Volunteer, 2012 - Present
- Jewish Family Services, Member, 2012 - Present
- Congregation of Reformed Judaism, Member (Board of Trustees, and Social Action Chair), 2013 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Perla & Associates, P.A., Senior Attorney, 2002 - 2009
- State Attorney Office, Assistant State Attorney, 2000 - 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Represent Children in Dependency Cases, 2009 - Present
- Pi Beta Phi
- Phi Alpha Delta