Schwam-Wilcox & Associates, Attorneys and Counselors at Law
While You're Going Through Your Worst, We Are At Our Best
407-982-2714 | 888-337-5886
Se Habla Espanol
Evening appointments available for Clients
from 9:00pm to 11:00 pm

Grandparents Rights

Florida Statue 752 is very misleading to the non-attorney reader. This statute makes it appear that Grandparents have visitation rights to children in the State of Florida, and that is just not the case. There are certain factors that would cause a Grandparent to obtain rights under other areas of the law, temporary custody and or concurrent custody (chapter 751) or under Chapter 39, Dependency; however, parents have the constitutional right to rear their children, and this is not superseded by a grandparent's desire to maintain a relationship with a minor child over the parent(s) objections to the same. If a child is being abused, abandoned or neglected as defined in Chapter 39 of the Florida Statutes, this is a different matter, and the court may protect a child by sheltering them with a grandparent. For more information on how to protect your grandchild or what your rights are as a parent you can contact the offices of Schwam-Wilcox & Associates by calling 407-245-7700, e-mailing or by visiting the website at . After reviewing your case with an attorney, you will know what , if anything, can be done by you, the grandparent to "protect" your grandchild. Home Offices: Orlando

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information