Domestication in Florida

Once you have obtained a final judgment of divorce or a final judgment of paternity in one state, you may decide to move to another state, such as Florida. Enforcing a final judgment is already difficult when you are living within the jurisdiction where the judgment was entered; it becomes even more difficult to enforce a judgment once you move to another jurisdiction. Under the Florida Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, Florida allows parties to use local courts to enforce final judgments from another state, this process is known as “domesticating your judgment.” This is not a vehicle to modify your judgment, just to enforce the judgment, this gets confused quite often. Schwam-Wilcox & Associates has significant experience in domesticating and enforcing foreign judgments in Florida.

Learn More About Domestication in Florida

If you are in need of a family law attorney (lawyer) for domestication in Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake or other counties throughout Florida call Schwam-Wilcox & Associates​ at 407-245-7700, or Contact Us by completing the form below to schedule a consultation. Schwam-Wilcox & Associates​ is a firm you can trust, and our attorneys are ready to help you with your legal needs. The main office is conveniently located near Winter Park in Orlando, with appointments also available in The Villages.