Camy B. Schwam-Wilcox
Camy B. Schwam-Wilcox has been working in the legal field since 1994. Although she did not begin practicing law until 2000, she worked as a legal assistant, legal secretary, and paralegal prior to attending law school.
In 2000, Camy was a prosecutor for Orange County. She then went into private practice in which she represented defendants accused of committing crimes, clients looking into divorce (with and without children), and assisting clients with bankruptcy to rectify their financial problems. Her experiences include litigation practice, counseling, collaborative divorces, training, and investigation. Camy has participated in over one hundred jury and non-jury trials and can analyze a case to determine whether a trial is the best option per the situation.
Camy is admitted to practice in all Florida State courts and in the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida Federal Court. Camy has been trained in the collaborative process for family matters, she is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, and a Guardian Ad Litem for children in the court system.
Camy has over twenty-five (25) years of legal experience, which gives her the knowledge and ability to assist clients with complex litigation that can include the dissolution of corporations within their dissolution of marriage to ensure for the correct equitable distribution of the marital assets. It is important to have an attorney that is knowledgeable when it comes to complex litigation, high-value assets, marital corporations/business, and understanding of the emotional hardships of legal cases (especially divorce cases).
Additionally, Camy brings in personal values and skills to help her clients and their cases. She prides herself on her attention to detail, communication with her clients, and her ability to help people through challenging times. She brings these skills into Schwam-Wilcox & Associates, as it is firm culture to view each client’s needs as most important.
Camy is a mediator and uses the collaborative model to help families resolve disputes in the courtroom. She focuses on each clients’ needs and interests by implementing constructive and interest-based negotiation. With the training and experience from mediation, Camy is able to use those skills in her private cases to facilitate a resolution for her clients. She advises her clients in their decision making in order to eliminate weaknesses in their cases and further each case’s strengths. Camy is an experienced attorney that her clients can confide in, feel comfortable with, and trust.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Public Schools, Criminal Juvenile Justice, 2009 – 2010
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010 – 2017
- Seminole County Chamber of Commerce, Member 2018-Present
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member (several past Board & Leadership Positions) 2004 – Present
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2008 – 2015
- Florida Bar, Member, Grievance Committee, 2009 – 2012
- Orange County Bar, Family Law Executive Committee (several family law executive board positions ), 2002 – Present
- Collaborative Family Law of Central Florida, Member, 2009 – Present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2010 – Present
- Seminole County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Seminole Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member 2019-Present
- Central Florida Family Law American Inns of Court, Member, 2008 – Present
- George C. Young American INN of Court, Member 2018-present
- Justice Teach Volunteer, 2010 – present
- Judicial Relations Committee, (various positions) 2011 – Present
- Elementary PTA Board of Directors, 2012 – 2014
- Elementary Parent Volunteer, 2012 – Present
- Middle School PTA Board of Directors 2019-Present
- Jewish Family Services, Volunteer, 2012 – Present
- Congregation of Reformed Judaism, Member (various board positions), 2013 – Present
- WOAMTEC, Member 2016-Present
- Family Law Advisor Group (FLAG) Seminole, Member 2018-Present